16 May 2005

Its about time

Guess what I started to do in the past week? Finish my belly cast from being pregnant with Anja. Yes - she just turned 4. Shameful, I know.

Up until now it has just been displayed exactly as it came off me. It has help up well, but was starting to degrade a bit because I never sealed it. With moving I have to either put it in storage or take it with us. Both require me stabilzing it and I figure as long as I am working on it, I should finish it. I started with just a couple coats of gesso, but soon realized that it needs more. I just applied the second coat of new plaster on the front. I will let that dry and then put a layer on the underside as well. When they are both totally dry I am going to sand the top and gesso it again.

Then I will start the fun stuff - painting! So far I have a couple sketches of basic designs I want to do. I am leaning towards something not too complex in terms of drawing details. The whole experience is more or less a blur to me anyway, so it seems only fitting that what I express on the cast express that feeling. More energetic and experiential than a clear image.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

/body>