02 January 2004

Happy New Year 2004!!!

Up until around 6:00pm last night our plans were to stay low at home, watch some bad television, and see if we could manage to stay awake until midnight. But the melancholy that led me to write my post below was getting mighty thick so I did the best thing I know to do in such a situation. Call someone who loves you and will do anything for you. I called my girl Tina, who was also having a day on the verge, and we decided that we should get together for a little celebrating with our familes together. And the night was on....
I jumped in the shower then quickly put on something that I did not sleep in at any point during the previous week. Tina was dressing up a bit, but I just couldn't bring myself to wear anything besides blue jeans. I did choose a black t-shirt to go with them so that was kind of in keeping with the color of the night. Axel grabbed the bottle of Stoli along with my organic unsweetend cranberry juice, tossed it in a bag with Anja's night pants and jammies, Dylan fluffed the sweatshirt that she lives in these days, and we were off on our night's adventure. Kiah left for a couple of days at the coast with a friend so she missed out, but I am sure that she had her own great time.

You can catch a glimpse into the revelry and mayhem that ensued. Miraculously enough, Anja stayed awake until the end without suffering a total meltdown. Dylan had a much harder time staying awake than Anja did. Axel embraced his role as designated driver quite nicely and put up with the rest of us lushes quite well. We trashed Tina's house - I definately owe her a big one! What could have been a horribly depressing night of staring at walls or crying in dark rooms turned into a bonifide Patsy and Edina moment. We toasted the new year with a tribute to Tina's big 4-0 and the 4-0 in 04-04 New York Tour we have planned.

THIRTIES NO MORE IN 2004!

(and in case there is any confusion - **I** am still hanging desperately onto my 30's for another few years, so we get to do it all over again then if we survive this year!)

Happy New Year!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

/body>