03 February 2004

Blessed Belated Imbolc!

Yesterday was Imbolc, however my observance was somewhat limited this year. As much as I hate to admit it, I opted for a shopping bonanza at the Value Village Founders Day Sale and then was obliged to come home and play with all my fabulous finds. Hey, a girls gotta get her 50% off thrift store prices whenever she can, right? Before I knew it, the day was over and I had not even planted a simple seed, let alone baked bread or made fresh butter.

Today, I look out my front window and see tiny green crocus shoots pushing up from the ground. They have been breaking through for a couple weeks now so this alone, while comforting was not too exciting for me. What I did not expect to see was this! Indeed the wheel is turning. Even under cover of winter storm the earth is awakening from its winter slumber. Soon we will be dancing with flowers in our hair!





0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

/body>