19 May 2005

Some things are just messed up

There is something really screwed up about my needing to get a "letter of permission" to travel out of the country with D&K. What the fuck is up with that? Their sperm donor opted out of their life loooooooooong ago. But because he has right to visitation - no matter that it has been several years since he made any attempts at contact with them - never mind ask for a visit - he has the right to grant permission for me to travel out of the country with my children. I can get a court order granting permission if I am not able to locate him, which I am not at all certain I can do truthfully. Even so, I have learned never to assume anything as far as family law is concerned. I wish I could report having even once felt that my or my children's best interest ever has been served by them.

Yuck. This whole situation makes me feel sick. Anything that has to do with my ex and the nightmare that being married to him was gets to me on a cellular level. I still have trouble believing any of it really happened in my life. It is all so twisted and bizarre.

Tomorrow I start calling lawyers. Oh what fun that will be...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

/body>