25 May 2006

Warm Feet and Warm Heart

Proof positive that I spend way too much time online. Last week my internet connection went down for 48 hours and to fill the time, I finished a pair of socks and made a felt painting.

Perfect English spring/summer socks. Cotton, Wool blend. The pattern is SpunMags Basic Rib Socks Super comfy - I love 'em!


Buddha Mama felt painting. In all her sacred wisdom, holding her belly. The base is blues and greens wet felted, and the picture is needle felted. A piece long time in my head, finally made real with the carthartic with the whacking and smacking to shock the fibers of the mat and the poke-poke-poking of the needles.

Many a tear realeasing love and sadness are fixed firmly within the fibers of this piece. It is destined for a special place in my collection.


1 comment(s):

Hey, I love your Buddha mamma - really beautiful and grounded.

By Blogger Emily, at 31 May, 2006 15:00  

Post a comment

<< Home

/body>