04 September 2003

I miss my kids!

It has only been two days since school started and already I found myself crying out of lonliness today. I miss my little goddesses! I am trapped out here in suburbia in the land of soccer moms and righteous church ladies. I can blend in when I need to wage a stealth attack and I enjoy raising eyebrows and giving them all something to gossip about with my strange dress and parenting choices (ie. why on earth do I subject myself to cloth diapering when disposables are so much easier, or how can I give my older kids the freedom to express their opinions when we all know that is just opening the door to juvenile delinquency....) but when it comes down to my need for real friends or non-strip mall shopping or a playgroup with like minded parents, I have to drive 40 minutes into town. When the older Goddesses In Training were here I could be assured of at the very least an occasional stimulating conversation, even if I did have to put up with the periodic update on the latest teen tv drama. I love being at home with Goddess In Training #3 and all, but the isolation out here is enough to drive the most content of persons over the edge. What is a goddess to do?

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

/body>