20 November 2003

I want to be a little girl again!

I just love making little girl toys and clothes! There are some really great materials to work with these days that are so much more widely available these days than there was when my older girls were little.

Just got done making this kitchen set for a gift exchange I am participating in. I picked up all the tiny items at Cost Plus World Market and made a table/picnic cloth out of a patchy fairy print fabric I had in my stash along with a couple coordinating print cloth napkins. The little bowls are just barely 2.5 inches across to give you some perspective on how big things are. (the cloth and napkins are folded in quarters in the picture) The tiny measuring spoons are labled PINCH, DASH, and SMIDGEN - perfect for little chefs! Simple to do with the rolled edge hem function of my new serger. I am having so much fun making things!

It is for a 2 1/2 year old girl who likes to play cooking. I think she will like it because Anja keeps telling me it is HERS and wants to play with it! I think there might be one in her future!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

/body>