16 November 2003

Oh what a week this has been

My cranky toddler, who so desperatley needs a mid-day nap took exactly zero naps this week. She needs a daily nap, and ****I**** need her to have a daily nap. I have too much to do for her not to take a nap. She is my priority (as are all 3 of my children), but not my only responsibility. I am also working long hours launching my new business, have a lot of sewing I need to do for my family and friends, and am studying for my childbirth mentor certification. Not only do I get behind in my work when she doesn't nap, but she also gets increasingly difficult because she is tired, and I get less patient with her because I am stressed out. It is just not a good thing.

I have come to some hard decisions regarding some toxic relationships. I have finally reached a point of self-confidence that I can let go of those that are harmful to me. Until now I was hanging on out of desperate hope they would get better, and I was hanging on out of fear that I somehow needed these relationships to be happy. Twisted. So now I decided to let go of them. Wish me luck. I know I can do it, but can take all the support I can get.

Our house is so so very far away from where we have the most activities and friends. I drive a ridiculous amount of time to get most places. Our local community just does not have the type of resources that we need. The place we live is far from the people and places we want to be near, and close to those we don't. It isn't feasible for us to pack up and move at this point, but in many ways that would be the best thing. But it ain't gonna happen unless something unforseen occurs.

Sleep has not been a friend of either me or Axel this week. Both of us tossed and turned, waking each other up as we did. On the rare occasion we both fell asleep the peace was short lived. Anja didn't do too well with her night sleeping this week either. I think it probably has to do with being over tired. We have all been extra tired and a few of us have been fighting a cold which just makes it harder.

Today I volunteered at a carnival to raise money for outdoor school. One of the few redeaming programs in the public education system around here is the victim of budget cuts. So I stepped up to lend a hand to the effort. I was to work for 2 hours. I chose the shift that I needed in order to be home in time to cook dinner for the family. 2 turned to 4 as my replacement never showed up and no-one 'in charge' noticed until 10 minutes before the carnival ended. I couldn't leave my post to find out what was going on or tell someone I needed to leave. My job consisted of walking back and forth the length of this giant inflated obstacle course thing as I released 2 sugar-hyped and over-stimulated middle schoolers at a time to race each other inside of it. I had to closely monitor where each set of kids was to avoid a pile-up of kids. There were also a couple of wild pain the ass boys who kept jumping in from the exit and causing mayhem. I told them if they didn't quit it, they would be 86'd from there. They looked at me like I was from another planet. I was later informed by hipster pre-teen daughters that they have never heard the expression to be "86'd" and that it was something that only old timers like me know about. I am an old-timer I guess. And it has definately been too long since I myself was 86'd from an establishment.

oh, and I am also in the throws of one whoppin' case of PMS.




Like I said....Oh what a week this has been.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

/body>