09 October 2003

Busy - Busy - Busy

It seems to be my mantra these days - I am busy! I love being busy. While not exactly a type-A personality, I do place quite a bit of value on working on things that I am excited about. I seem to be in a domestic phase - which is good seeing as how my work is mothering. Yesterday I decided that it was time that I stopped feeling guilty for really loving what I do. No need to make it harder than it is, or resist aspects of it (the less joyful tantrums and not so glamorous potty dealings for example) in some perverse effort to increase its work legitamacy. Someone should be so lucky as I am to know that while it is constant, demanding, and exhausting - the joy that comes by result of my labor is tremendous.

And lest you wonder what rose colored glasses I am looking through, let me assure you that I too, just like almost any other mother, feel the desperate urge to run screaming from the house at various points during the day. Thankfully I am able to restrain myself from doing so thus-far. Remembering the rewards of the whole of mothering brings a very complete feeling to my soul.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

/body>