02 January 2004

Day of Winter Frolick

Ok, so this is the 3rd time I have written that we NEVER get snow in this area. But really, honestly, we don't! Today we woke up to a New Years Day of a lovely covering of white. What a surprise! When we drove home after midnight last night it had just clouded up and started to rain. Typical weather for this time of year in the NW. But just before we awoke (nicely hang over free, I might add... thanks to my post drinking regime of b-complex mega doses, a couple ibuprofen for my aching joints, and tons of water.) it began to snow. And it kept snowing until we officially had the snowiest day in 6 years! Which is not saying much since it was just a matter of several inches of accumulation rather than feet like they would be looking in other areas. But like I keep saying...it just does not snow that often here!

Since I am on a new mission to photograph and write about every little thing that we do, I took the camera outside and braved the ungloved shutter button hand so I could capture some highlights of the day. I love them all, but my personal favorite is the one with the bush with red berries. I might have to do something with that one.

Anja absoltuely loves the snow. That girl is something else. I have such a hard time keeping her in clothes most days even when everyone else is quite cold. She insists that is is not cold herself. Drives me batty. In keeping with what must be a raging internal fire that keeps her from feeling the cold, she dove face first into and rolled around into the snow at every opportunity. When we got back inside her poor little legs were so cold and wet, but she just did not care. My little ice queen. I wrapped her in a nice warm towel fresh from the dryer after I took her cold wet clothes off. She was happy to be as close to naked as she was going to get today.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

/body>