17 April 2004

Yes, I am still here!

Apologies to the 2 of you who check every now and then to see if I have stopped to quip,share, philosophize, or otherwise share my random flashes with you. My mouth is still hanging open from receiving multiple requests - from different people - that I get busy and blog! Thank you for your enthusiasm!

With that let us take a brief moment to look at all that I have been otherwise occupied by in the recent past.....

My youngest baby turned 3 years old. We had a really fun birthday party for her. My inner homesteader came out again as I started with a raw wool fleece that I washed and carded myself, and then I dyed using kool-aid dye baths. We used the color wool to make wet felted wool balls at Anja's birthday party. It was so much fun! ( Not to worry - my purist was not to be outdone - I also dyed a couple batches using natural plant dyes. )

I have also been busy teaching birth preparation classes and working towards my certification. I have a new couple that I am working with one on one from who I am gaining much valuable experience as a mentor. It is such a beautiful thing how mentors learn just as much from those who learn from us do. I have received some very positive feedback from some people whom I have the utmost respect for. And it feels good. I have waited and dreamed for as long as I can remember to really journey on my path to serving pregnant and birthing women. I am excited to see where this path leads me!

Next week Tina and I are heading to New York to celebrate her 40th Birthday!!!! Just me and my Spicy-T! To say I am excited just doesn't begin to explain what I am feeling. My mind is a swirl of activity as I imagine the escapades we may take part in. I can hardly think straight. There is still a ton of sewing I need to get done so that I will have some basic wardrobe items. I am making a black hemp jersey shirt and skirt along and perhaps another pair of hemp twill pants. There are a couple of UFOs(UnFinished Objects) in my sewing pile that I think I can complete as complementary items. I also got a really cool punjabi that I need to make a few minor fitting alterations to. And today I got my hair dyed - by a honest to goodness professional! That is noteworthy on its own. I don't have a picture yet, but perhaps I will share one later.

Oh - and of course I have a bit o' the political humor to share with you..... Right Wing Eye should get your weekend off to a great start!

Ciao!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

/body>