15 June 2006

Totally Hippy

My recent acquistion of a kilo of Blue Faced Leicester and a bunch of acid dyes has me playing around with making my own colorways. I think a new addiction has been born.

My first go at handpainted yarn. Calling the colorway "totally hippy" in honor of my lovely hubby who declared it was 'total hippy colors' when he first saw it. Thanks for the inspiration my dear!

Just a few pics...who me excited???



Hanging to dry. I was a bit skeptical at this point as the colors seemed to be a bit off from how I envisioned the. Keeping faith I hung them to dry on the patio and crossed my fingers, secretly wondering what I was going to do with 100gms of yarn I couldn't stand...

Lesson #1: Never judge a color before its dry. I was pleased to find that the colors gained quite a bit of depth and richness as they dried. This is actually more or less what I had in mind when I started. Not too bad considering I mixed the colors without any sort of recipe. Just a dash of this and that and a quick prayer.



Time for test a swatch...




Then felted the swatch...



Success! My plan is to make this into my felted messenger bag, which I promise I will be writing up a pattern for this time!

YEah!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

/body>