15 September 2005

Uplifting News

It ain't all bad. I got a nice long nap today and that is always good.

Yesterday I received a big packet from the local hospital where I had applied for a job several weeks ago. I applied for lots of jobs all over town and not heard back from any but one to tell me they filled the position before they received my CV. That was nice. (seriously - most people just circular file you.) Well this packet is because I HAVE A JOB INTERVIEW! It is 'just' for a medical sercretary job, and I doubt I will get it, but getting an interview is no small accomplishment. Especially with my double whammy of no employment references in this country and the ones I do have in the US are 7 years old. So hooray for me! I don't really want a regular job, but I know I cannot rely on my class income and I am still unsure if I will be able to work out the logistics of doula work very soon. So getting a job would be a nice breather in the money department. Wish me luck - at very least it will be an interesting experience to have an interview. Oh crap... I need clothes!

Today though, I got the best news of all. I found a place to hold my classes!!! And it is in my first choice of locations. I was discouraged yesterday because I had not heard back from them so I went to check out my second choice space. It was okay, but unfortunately it was also totally booked. Why they didn't just tell me that on the phone I don't know. I got a long list of other possibile locations (from the kick ass resource center at the library) and resigned myself to a disappointing series of phone calls. Finding space for my classes has always been one of my big road blocks. Then today my first choice place calls. It turns out the guy had been in the hospital and seems to remember replying to my email (though he couldn't be sure and I never received it if he did.) and YES they have space! :::happy dance!::: And to make it even better, he told me that I could probably talk him down on the price of the room, so I am going in Monday to discuss it. :::skippy skippy happy:::

This means now I can begin to publicize my classes and get moving forward again. Part of my problem these past few days has been becuase I have felt like such a sloth. Axel is out at school learning new things, meeting new people and me... well... I made lunch a few times, washed an assload of laundry and broke up countless fights between the children. But now I get to DO something. (Not to say that being a mom and all that is not doing something - but you know what I mean... )

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

/body>