01 July 2003

a little bit of everything

This past weekend we did a little bit of everything. Everything except chores, of course! That is what weekdays are for, right?

Friday night Axel and I escaped on a real honest to goodness date! We went to an opening reception at the art museum and drank lots of 'complimentary with admission' sangria and beer, ate the yummiest tapas, saw fabulously entertaining flamenco dancers, and oh yeah, saw some great sculpture at the Joan Miro exhibit that was the reason for all the revelry. Afterwards we hooked up with some friends and had drinks and adult conversation. ahhhhh....what a welcome night out it was!

Saturday we went to the Oregon Garden which I have fallen in love with. I can't wait to go back! The kids had so much fun! It is such an amazing place and if you are anywhere near Silverton, Oregon or plan to be, I highly reccomend that you put it on the top of your to do list. We bought a membership so you can count on us being there as often as possible.

And then on Sunday I rode a 22 mile bike ride! Yes, that is right - 22 miles! I am just as amazed as the next person at this accomplishment. What is more amazing is that I don't feel like a train wreck from sore muscles today. I guess I am not in as bad of shape as I (and everyone else) thought I am. Good to know...apparently we are going on a 50 mile ride next weekend. We'll see how that goes!

Whew! I am tired from just writing all of this down. I think I need a refill on my iced tea! I love summer, don't you!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

/body>