14 July 2003

Baaaaaaa Baaaaaa

Sheep. People are such sheep. Flocking to the crowd simply because that is where everyone else is going or doing. I find this highly irritating and mind numbing. If you are going to follow a group, at least have the presence of mind to think first, follow later. It is not that I think there is anything wrong with a group or in joining with others of similar direction, but I can't fathom life as a blind desciple of the masses. One of the best parts of life, in my opinion, is our ability to make aware and informed decisions. What a deathly grey existence it must be to rely on mass media, mass consumerism, mass morality, and mass opinion to lead you. When I was in high school there was this band that my friends and I groupies of called Theater of Sheep. The name came from the idea that if all the world is a stage, then we are living in a theater of sheep. baaaaa baaaaaa.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

/body>